Please visit the contest website for additional info.
WE ARE HAPPY TO ANNOUNCE 2014 SARA NEW YORK DESIGN AWARDS! ARCHITECTS, DESIGNERS, ENGINEERS, STUDENTS, ALL RELATED FIELDS WELCOME TO SUBMIT!
DETERMINE ENTRY ELIGIBILITY:
All built and unbuilt works are accepted. For categories 1-8, entrant must be a registered architect. For categories 9-12, architects, designers, manufacturers and artists are encouraged to enter. No entry may be submitted which has previously won a SARA | NY Award in a specific category. Team projects will be treated as if presented by a single firm, and will be judged as an individual project.
CHOOSE YOUR CATEGORY:
- Education / Institutional
- Commercial (Industrial or Retail)
- Interior Design
- Rehabilitation / Remodeling
- Conceptual or Theoretical Projects
- Small Projects
- Sustainable Design
- The Arts – including but not limited to architectural graphics, furniture, photography, lighting, landscape and product design
- Strategic Planning / Facility Studies / Urban Design Studies
- Computer generated architectural animation and presentation
- Student – All projects are eligible, whether practical, theoretical or artistic in nature
January 27th, 2014 – Deadline for Declaration of Intent
February 24th, 2014 – Deadline for submitting entries
March, 2014 – Jury Evaluation
April, 2014 – Winners Announced
June, 2014 – SARA | NY Awards Banquet
$100 per SARA member entry
$250 per Non-member entry
$30 per Student entry
All non-member entrants will be registered as SARA introductory members for the 2014 Calendar year.
SUBMIT YOUR ENTRIES:
- Submit a PowerPoint Slideshow of no more than 10 slides for each entry on a CD-ROM. (Online submission will be available soon!) Images should be at a resolution of 300 dpi and the project number you are assigned should be on each slide. The selection of images should be comprehensive and enough to adequately visualize and describe the design problem and its solution. For example, for a building submission images should include but not be limited to site plan(s), floor plan(s), elevation(s), and at least one view of the interior. Submissions for other categories are at the discretion of the entrant.
- Data sheets (to be provided upon receipt of Declaration of Intent) must be filled out completely. Information shall include statement of design, project statistics and description, project credits, etc.
The jury shall consist of at least four architects and/or industry professionals. Decisions of the jury are final. Entries will be judged based on:
- Program solution
- Site and space planning
- Construction system
- Overall design solution and aesthetics
- Details and function
The following awards may be given in any category:
- Award of Excellence
- Award of Merit
- Award of Honor
Competition website: Visit website