AIA Around Manhattan Boat Tour: NYC Bridges & Infrastructure
Chelsea Piers (Pier 62) – W. 22nd and Hudson River (Manhattan – New York, NY). Exact meeting location details will be provided immediately upon purchase of tickets.
Step aboard the luxurious yacht Manhattan for a full round-Manhattan cruise that takes an in depth look at the engineering marvels of New York City’s fantastic, historic and wildly different bridges, tunnels, infrastructure and mass transit feats! Tour includes content on city planning, Robert Moses, housing and architecture as well!
John Kriskiewicz, professor of Architecture and City Planning at Parsons and FIT is your host, on this relaxing afternoon cruise.
Being low to the water and designed for comfort and small groups, guests are sure to have excellent views and photo opportunities. There is room for all in our elegantly appointed, cushioned and climate-controlled observatory, or guests may enjoy the outer teak decks when weather permits.
On this 2.75 cruise, you are treated to a complimentary beverage from the bar and light hors d’ oeuvres.
Highlights along the way typically include:
- Battery Park, South Street Seaport and the Financial District
- Governor’s Island, The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
- High Bridge: as the city’s oldest bridge, she was completed in 1842 to carry the Croton Aqueduct into Manhattan.
- 7 swing bridges, 3 lift bridges and 4 arch bridges that span the Harlem River
- Roosevelt Island, the United Nations Building, and the famous Williamsburg, Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridges of the East River
- The Upper West Side and the majestic George Washington Bridge
Regular – $76 (AIA Members, use discount code “AIAB5″ to receive $5 off.)
Classic Harbor Lines will operate the “AIA-NY Around Manhattan Boat Tours” nearly every Sunday and Tuesday, with additional Thursday dates, in 2013.
Saturday, November 9, 2013
1:45 PM - 4:30 PM
New York, NY
- More information: