Please visit the contest website for additional info.
Who can participate? This competition is open to students, architects, and designers. Teams or individuals from the United States or abroad can participate.
The Museum of Science Fiction is a nonprofit organization, which seeks to establish a science fiction museum in Washington, DC. As an initial step, the museum will build a temporary / semi-permanent preview museum, which will be used to:
- Establish an immediate presence for the museum in Washington DC, and generate excitement and media interest in a future, full-size museum.
- Solicit donations for through fundraising events.
- Test innovative new technologies and gain insights into the visitor experience to inform planning for a future, full-size museum.
Additionally, the preview museum will:
- Engage and educate visitors with compelling content, design, programming, and state-of-the-art visual and digital installations.
- Create a social hub for the science fiction community.
- Be seen as a comprehensive source of science fiction knowledge.
- Demonstrate the educational potential, particularly in the STEM fields, of a science fiction museum.
Registration Deadline: Friday, July 25, 2014.
Submission Deadline: Sunday, August 31, 2014.
Competition website: Visit website