Who can participate? This competition is open to students, architects, and designers. Teams or individuals from the United States or abroad can participate.
The Museum of Science Fiction is a nonprofit organization, which seeks to establish a science fiction museum in Washington, DC. As an initial step, the museum will build a temporary / semi-permanent preview museum, which will be used to:
- Establish an immediate presence for the museum in Washington DC, and generate excitement and media interest in a future, full-size museum.
- Solicit donations for through fundraising events.
- Test innovative new technologies and gain insights into the visitor experience to inform planning for a future, full-size museum.
Additionally, the preview museum will:
- Engage and educate visitors with compelling content, design, programming, and state-of-the-art visual and digital installations.
- Create a social hub for the science fiction community.
- Be seen as a comprehensive source of science fiction knowledge.
- Demonstrate the educational potential, particularly in the STEM fields, of a science fiction museum.
Registration Deadline: Friday, July 25, 2014.
Submission Deadline: Sunday, August 31, 2014.
Competition website: Visit website