Please visit the contest website for additional info.
Lucite International, owner of the LuciteLux® acrylic brand, today opened the call for entries for its second annual JUST IMAGINE Awards program at GlobalShop 2014 in booth #2343. The JUST IMAGINE Awards celebrate the work of designers who turn their creative vision into reality using LuciteLux®.
The company also announced the prestigious panel of expert judges who will select the 2014 winner:
- Aaron R. Thomas, designer, architect and artist
- Anne-Louise Ewen, fine artist and LuciteLux® painter/sculptor
- Jaime Derringer, founder and executive editor of Design Milk
- Jamer Hunt, director of the experimental graduate program in transdisciplinary design at Parsons The New School for Design
- Jason Kelly Johnson and Nataly Gattegno, architects and founders of Future Cities Lab
- Ron Labaco, Marcia Docter Curator for the Museum of Arts & Design
- Chris Robinson, Business Manager, Lucite International Inc.
- Lucite International will celebrate the winner with a full-page spread in Architectural Record as well as a making-of documentary that tells the story of the designer’s work with LuciteLux®. The documentary will premiere at an exclusive screening party at the site of the installation and appear in a sponsored feature on the Design Milk blog.
“We are thrilled to launch the second annual JUST IMAGINE Awards as a way to honor the myriad designers who embrace the uniqueness of working with our material, LuciteLux®,” said Robinson. “Last year’s winner set the bar quite high by incorporating more than 200 triangles of our LuciteLux® Light Guide Panels into an immersive LED dome design for the Burning Man festival. My fellow judges and I simply cannot wait to see what the design community comes forward with in 2014.”
Registration Deadline: Tuesday, September 16, 2014.
Submission Deadline: Tuesday, September 16, 2014.
Competition website: Visit website