The planned building is a day care center for adults with developmental intellectual disabilities, residing in the city of Beer Sheba or its vicinity. The building will be developed in several stages. With the completion of Phase 1, it will provide services for 32 people. When fully completed, the center will provide services to 80 people, in a manner which will accommodate the needs of the target population inBeer Sheba for the near future.
Sponsor: City of Beer Sheba
Type: open, international, 2-stage
Languages: English, Hebrew
Early registration NIS 350 (approx. USD90).
Late registration NIS 600 (approx. USD155 ).
Students – NIS 200 (approx. USD50) for groups with up to 2 members; NIS 250 (approx. USD65) for larger groups.
Young architects (35 and under) will receive a 30% discount on all fees.
Eligibility: Professionals and students
26 November 2012 Meeting in Beer Sheba
7 December 2012 End of early registration
27 December 2012 End of registration
10 February 2013 Final submission date, stage I
24 February 2013 Announcement of winners
The competition jury includes 11 members and a secretary (without voting rights).
1. Mr. Ruvik Danilovich (Mayor, Beer Sheba)
2. Ing. Dimitri Piglianski (City Engineer, Beer Sheba)
3. Ms. Ester Amar (Director of Social Services
Department, Beer Sheba)
4. Architect Yosefa Dabara (City Architect, Beer Sheba)
5. Ms. Riva Muskal (Director, Shalem Fund)
6. Ms. Adva Ahuda Gamliel (County Director,
Foster and Community Services, Section for Services for People with
Intellectual Disabilities, Ministry of Social Services)
7. Ms. Orit Tubol (Fund for the Developmentof Services for
People with Disabilities, National Insurance Institute of Israel)
8. Ms. Kelly Rochman (residents’ families representative)
9. Architect Tal De Lange
10. Architect Daniela Plesner
11. Designer Noga Lasser (ZEZEZE ARCHITECTURE GALLERY
For information and to enter, go to:Website: http://zearchitecture.com/call.php?ID=5&language=engEmail: email@example.com
Thursday, December 27, 2012.
Sunday, February 10, 2013.
Competition website: Visit website