Please visit the contest website for additional info.
The Design & Build with FSC Awards recognize excellence and innovation in the use of FSC-certified building materials in residential and commercial design and construction.
The awards honor designers and builders who are committed to using FSC-certified wood and creating a marketplace that promotes environmentally appropriate, socially beneficial and economically prosperous management of the world’s forests.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
The Design & Build with FSC Awards are open to homeowners, architects, interior designers, general contractors, builders, consultants and other professionals committed to using FSC-certified wood.
- Commercial, institutional, mixed-use, or residential
- At least 50% of new wood used (by cost) is FSC certified
- Must be located in the United States or Canada
- Must have been completed during or after 2013
- The amount of FSC-certified wood used (by cost) in the project
- Appropriateness of wood use, creative expression and innovation
- Efforts to advance FSC market transformation (e.g., new FSC certificates issued, ability to replicate the project, affordability, relationships formed along the supply chain)
Registration Deadline: Friday, August 15, 2014.
Submission Deadline: Friday, August 15, 2014.
Competition website: Visit website