Please visit the contest website for additional info.
Re-thinking The Future (RTF) was born from the idea of creating a new window on international trends in architecture and design that looks on to radical solutions for the present day problems facing the domain. RTF is a hub of services for architecture and design. RTF is working to develop an architectural language that would ‘sustain’ and ‘survive’ the impacts of new age challenges, and evolve into an architectural language of the future – taking sustainability one step ahead. This year RTF is presenting ‘Re-thinking The Future Awards’ to give voice to architects, designers, planners and students from all over the world and discovering a new talent.
Entries are invited from professional and students from all around the world. RTF Awards will provide an interactive platform of the highest standard, acknowledging the projects amongst creative and influential industry professionals.
Registration Begins 15th Jan 2014
Submission Deadline 15th Apr 2014
Winners Announcement 22nd May 2014
RTF Conference 24th May 2014
Commercial Building Award :
This award recognises the architectural excellence and innovations in commercial buildings. Projects that serve the need of commercial spaces with innovations and technologies already known to us. Design that gives the new directions and provide the new generation a food for thought.
Residential Building Award :
This award recognises the best residential projects that provide a comfortable and attractive living environment for residents in their respective climates. Also design that defines the new standards for living, which could be either new technologies based or simply the use of wisdom.
Public Building Award :
This award has been instituted to recognise architectural excellence for buildings or complexes in public or private sector for government, social, cultural, or religious purposes. Designs that seek the new architectural language to fulfil the functional requirements.
Institutional Building Award :
This award recognises the architectural excellence and innovations in the Institutional Buldings such as Schools, Colleges, Campuses, Hospitals, Transport terminals etc. Projects that take the istitutional architecture to a new level and define some new directions.
Mixed Use Building Award :
This award recognises the year’s best mixed-use structure featuring a combination of one or more categories, such as hospitality and commercial or residential and commercial or a mixture of all the three categories.
Residential Interior Award :
This award recognises the year’s best interior design project featuring innovations in providing the comfortable living environment for inhabitants that characterizes the new models for living, which could be either new innovations based or basically the utilization of intelligence.
Commercial Interior Award :
This award recognises the perfection and excellence in commercial interior spaces like retail, hotels, foodcourts etc. Projects that serve the need of business spaces with innovations as of already known to us.
Corporate Interior Award :
This award has been instituted to recognise the best projects in corporate interior spaces. Designs that look for the new building dialect to fulfil the utilitarian necessities.
Landscape Design Award :
This award recognises the year’s best landscape design project featuring innovations in providing the comfortable living outdoor environment that characterizes the new models for site planning.
Smart City Award :
This Award recognises the urban design strategies which transform cities into more stimulating environments for the human life. The ideas which aim to contribute to progress in making the world more habitable by developing a proposal capable of responding to emerging challenges in areas such as ecology, information technology, socialization and globalization, with a view to enhancing the connected self-sufficiency of our cities.
Jury Members :
- ANTHONY VACCHIONE, Managing Partner, SOM, USA
- ANUJ MEHTA, Principal, Mehta and Associates, INDIA
- BAROSS CAROLYN, Interior Design Principal, Perkins+Will, USA
- BRYAN HAMILTON, Director, AEDAS, EUROPE
- DAVID SIMISTER, Creative Director, AEDAS, EUROPE
- HELMUT KINZLER, Associate, Zaha Hadid Archtiects, UK
- LEO ALVAREZ, Urban Design Leader, Atlanta, Perkins+Will, USA
- MADHAV RAMAN, Principal, Anagram Architects, INDIA
- MARTAND KHOSLA, Partner, Romi Khosla Design Studios, INDIA
- MICHEL SCHREINEMACHERS, Partner, NEXT Architects, THE NETHERLANDS
- PEER TEGLGAARD JEPPESEN, Design Director, Henning Larsen Architects, NORWAY
- PEDRO CAMPOS COSTA, Principal, Campos Costa Architects, PORTUGAL
- PEPE GASCÓN, Principal, Pepe Gascón Arquitectura, SPAIN
- PHILIP ENQUIST, Partner, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP, Chicago, USA
- PRADEEP SACHDEVA, Director, Pradeep Sachdeva Design Associates, INDIA
- SAMEER MATHUR, Director, Integral Design Pvt. Ltd, INDIA
- SARA KLOMPS, Associate, Zaha Hadid Architects, UK
- ULRIK RAYSSE, Managing Director, ARROW, DENMARK
- VINOD GUPTA, Partner, Space Design Consultants, INDIA
Submission Requirements :
- Submissions may contain any or all of the following, i.e. text, diagrams, plans, sections, sketches, photographs, graphics, collage etc, in a combination without restrictions that can convey the visual summary of the design intent of the entrant comprehensively illustrating the :
(i) Response to challenges outlined in the Hypothesis.
(ii) The emergence of unified and relevant image of Design
- Submission must contain Hypothesis (not more than 500 words) in .doc file.
- Max. of 6, A3 size sheets (420mm X 297mm), in horizontal format and submitted as digital, colored, high-resolution files, meant for printing in JPEG format needs to be upload at Re-thinking The Future Website prior to the submission deadline.
- Each submission must contain the ’Registration ID’ provided by the RTF at the time of registration, this ID must be written in bold Arial font, 5 mm in height on the top right corner of each submission entry.
- Submission must be free from any kinds of identifying marks, such as and including firm logos, name of participant.
- The submissions will ONLY bear the Registration ID, given to an entrant after their successful registration, as a means of identification and any other identifying mark will make the entrant liable for disqualification.
- Professional and Students are invited for ‘Re-thinking The Future Awards 2014’.
- Entries are invited from all the nations.
- The projects submitted are considered by the author that submits the entry for the Award. Every violation of copyright will be punished with immediate disqualification.
- The works reached out of time will be excluded.
- It is absolutely prohibited the participation to the awards of a Jury member, a relative or a person or body connected professionally to the jury.
- Participation in the competition implies full acceptance of these rules.
Competition website: Visit website