Please visit the contest website for additional info.
To celebrate the building technologies that are revolutionizing the process and product of architecture, ARCHITECT magazine announces its eighth annual R+D Awards program. The awards honor innovative design and systems at every scale—from entire buildings to building systems, products and materials, and digital tools such as software, apps, and fabrication methods.
- Friday, April 18, 2014: regular submission deadline (postmark)
- Wednesday, April 23, 2014: late submission deadline (postmark; additional fee is required)
For more information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The awards will be judged in three categories, reflecting different stages in the research and development process.
- Prototype—Products, materials, systems, and software that are in the prototyping and testing phase.
- Production—Products, materials, systems, and software that are currently available for use.
- Application—Products, materials, systems, and software as used in a single architectural project or group of related architectural projects.
The jury will consider newly introduced technologies as well as unconventional uses of existing technologies. Entries will be judged for their documented or prospective innovation in fabrication, assembly, installation, user engagement, and performance. All entries will be judged according to their potential to advance the aesthetic, environmental, social, and technological value of architecture.
Competition website: Visit website