Please visit the contest website for additional info.
The “2014 Fritz Höger Award for Excellence in Brick Architecture” is now open for submissions. For the third time, this internationally renowned architecture award will be presented by the “Initiative Bauen mit Backstein” (Brick Building Initiative), once again with the support of the Association of German Architects (BDA). The Brick Building Initiative awards architects and planners who take advantage of the architectural potential offered by brick, the traditional building material, with the 2014 Fritz Höger Award for Excellence in Brick Architecture. Buildings, whose designs integrate economic, ecological and artistic aspects for their complete planning requirement and whose architecture uses the location and its portfolio in the right way is what we are looking for. All information required to apply can be found on the competition website: http://www.backstein.com/architekturpreis The 2014 Fritz Höger Award for Excellence in Brick Architecture worth a total of 10,000 euros will be awarded in the following categories:
- Detached/semi-detached houses | Einfamilienhaus/Doppelhaushälfte
- Apartment blocks/multi-storey residental buildings | Wohnungsbau/Geschosswohnungsbau
- Office and commercial buildings | Büro- und Gewerbebauten
- Public buildings, sport and leisure | Öffentliche Bauten, Freizeit und Sport
Additional awards will also be presented in the following areas:
- Passive house/Energy efficiency | Passivhaus/Energieeffizienz
- Renovation/Sustainability | Sanierung/Nachhaltigkeit
- Young talent/Newcomers | Nachwuchs/Newcomer
Properties with a brick façade that were completed after 1st January 2009 can be submitted. Properties that have already been submitted for the 2011 Fritz Höger Award can be submitted again as long as they were completed after 1st January 2009. Architects and planners can submit their documents for participation online at www.backstein.com/architekturpreis or send them by post. International submissions are welcome. The closing date for entries is 30th April 2014. The award ceremony will be held in Berlin in the autumn of 2014.
Competition website: Visit website