The Architectural League’s current exhibition offers a glimpse of where architecture is headed. It’s Different shows the work of the six winners of the Architectural League Prize for Young Architects + Designers (formerly known as the Young Architect’s Forum). It’s a geographically diverse group working in a variety of formal veins. The six winners (with images!) are:
- San Francisco-based form-ula, Ajmal Aqtash, Richard Sarrach, and Tamaki Uchikawa, principals.
- Future Cities Lab, also based in San Francisco, Jason Kelly Johnson and Nataly Gattegno, principals.
- Kiel Moe of Boston.
- NAMELESS, a firm with offices in New York and Seoul, South Korea. Unchung Na and Sorae Yoo, principals.
- Alibi Studio, of Detroit. Catie Newell, principal.
- William O’Brien Jr., also of Boston.
Jurors for the 2011 Architectural League Prize for Young Architects + Designers were Michael Manfredi, Hilary Sample, Annabelle Selldorf, and Ken Smith. It’s Different is on view at the Sheila C. Johnson Design Center, Parsons The New School for Design, at 66 Fifth Avenue through July 29.
Post new comment